September 22, 2018 | Doors Open at 6:30pm | Show Starts at 7:30pm
Emerald City Trapeze Arts is excited to announce our annual fall “Proteges Take Stage” Show!
Step into a world of color, texture, and history. Watch as Flying Trapeze artists swoosh from bar to catcher, performing tricks, splits, and flips! Let your imagination run wild as our Aerialists perform whimsical routines on silks, hoop, rope, and more! Imagine the possibility of running away to the circus as you are dazzled by our circus artists, performing incredible feats! Protege Show is the best of the best, performing on their apparatus of choice! Gallery: The Art of Movement will take your breath away!
Our Spring Protege Show was a HUGE hit. Make sure you reserve your tickets in advance. Tickets sold out early last time!
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018
Time: Doors open at 6:30pm – Show starts at 7:30pm
No Tickets Required for General Admission at the door – Free entry as capacity allows. Entry not guaranteed.
Interested in guaranteeing your entry? Check out VIP and Guaranteed Entry!
All Ages | Free Admission | Concessions will be available
Are you ready to perform?!
If you are ready to take your performance to the next level, learn more about how you can audition!
Requirements and submission guidelines are below:
Flying Trapeze Submission Guidelines below:
- Step 1 – Sign up at the front desk if you are able to return to the platform (or with the goal of being able to do so by September 1). Must sign up at front desk by June 16, 2018.
- Step 2 – Fly Auditions – Monday, June 18, 2018 – 8:00pm – Audition does not guarantee a spot on the performance team.
- Step 3 – Team selection and rehearsal schedule and will be posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2018.
- Step 4 – Mandatory Rehearsal Schedule to follow – 10-week series, starting no later than July 9th.
Pre-requisites: Must have at least 2 tricks out of lines, a flyout, a dismount, and be returning to the board off the catcher (or with the realistic goal of these items in place by September 1, 2018).
Aerial Arts Submission Guidelines Below:
Performance requirements: Act theme must be touched by a recognizable work of visual art. Performance must be under 5 minutes in length. Up to 7 Aerial/Group/Pole/Acrobatics/Cyr Wheel acts will be selected for the Protege Show. Duplicate apparatus is okay. Must be Open Gym Certified.
- Step 1 – Apparatus and Theme Selection. Must sign up at front desk by June 9th.
- Step 2 – Apparatus Approval Process (artists will be contacted by June 12th with approval for their act).
- Step 3 – Unedited video submission (80% act completed with costume and makeup). Please send to: email@example.com. Deadline: July 31st.
- Step 4 – 1st round of Artist selection – August 3rd.
- Step 5 – Mandatory Aerial Act Development Workshop – August 10th – September 14th (Series Fee: $180).
- Step 6 – FINAL SHOW SELECTION – September 15th.
- Step 7 – Show Order and Dress Rehearsal and Practice Schedule – details will be emailed to participants.
Tech/dress rehearsal will take place on Wednesday, September 19, from 6pm – 8pm.
Pre-requisites: must be a current ECTA student who takes at least one Aerial/Acrobatic/Circus class per week. Must be Open Gym Certified.
If selected for the Protege Show, the aerial artist must accept within 24 hours by email. If artist hasn’t replied within 24 hours, we will send out a second wave of notifications with the alternate selections.
Show prep Privates on stage with/out winch – $100 per hour per Instructor.
Video submission guidelines: Must submit 80% complete, unedited act, contact info, and a Hi Res copy of your music file in mp3, mp4 or AIFF format. Music will be tested for level and quality.
Props or special considerations? Name ALL props, special rigging requirements in video proposal.
ECTA will produce the show. You do not need to provide a rigger.
Direct any questions to: our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.