Are you ready to perform?!
If you are ready to take your performance to the next level, learn more about how you can audition!
Aerial Arts Submission Guidelines Below:
Performance requirements: Every act is based on a color, and the color has to be named in the song. Example: Lady in Red, Yellow Submarine, Brown Eyed Girl, etc. Please note that we have the right to request that you chance song or color in order to avoid duplicates – have your backup choice
Performance must be under 5 minutes in length. Up to 7 Aerial/Group/Pole/Acrobatics/Cyr Wheel acts will be selected for the Protege Show. Duplicate apparatus is okay. Must be Open Gym Certified.
Step 1 – Apparatus and Theme Selection. Please sign up at the front desk by June 8, 2019 with your name, apparatus, and ECTA instructor. Please include your color and song selection.
Step 2 – Unedited video submission (80% act completed with costume and makeup concepts). Please send to: [email protected] Deadline: July 31st.
Step 3 – 1st round of Artist selection – August 3rd.
Step 4 – Mandatory Aerial Act Development Workshop – Fridays – August 16th – September 6th (Series Fee: $180).
Participants will receive constructive feedback about their act, and will be given detailed instruction on costuming, makeup, and technical requirements throughout the workshop.
Participants must attend all 4 workshops to be considered for the Protege Show – no exceptions.
Step 5 – FINAL SHOW SELECTION – September 15th.
Step 6 – Show Order and Dress Rehearsal – details will be emailed to participants.
Tech/dress rehearsal will take place on Friday, September 20, from 7pm – 10pm.
Pre-requisites: must be a current ECTA student who takes at least one Aerial/Acrobatic/Circus class per week. Must be Open Gym Certified.
If selected for the Protege Show, the aerial artist must accept within 24 hours by email. If artist hasn’t replied within 24 hours, we will send out a second round of selections will be sent out.
The Fine Print:
- The final show will include no more than 7 acts (with no more than 3 of the same apparatus)
- Acts must be between 4 to 5 minutes in length
- No live singing, additional participants/guest stars/backup dancers, etc.
- Acts must be family-friendly and appropriate for children’s viewing
- Video submission guidelines: Must submit 80% complete, unedited act, contact info, and a Hi Res copy of your music file in mp3, mp4 or AIFF format. Music will be tested for level and quality.
- Props or special considerations? Name ALL props, special rigging requirements in video proposal.
- ECTA will produce the show. You do not need to provide a rigger.
Direct any questions to: our staff at [email protected]citytrapeze.com.