What is Up With a Twist?
Up With a Twist is SANCA’s annual circus spectacular gala event! The fund raising dinner and show features fabulous circus performances from guest artists and SANCA’s Youth Performance Companies. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s gala was moved from February to August 2021.
The event raises funds to support SANCA’s work and programs that serve the whole of our community. Our social circus programs have been suspended due to the pandemic, so Twist this year will help SANCA raise funds to rebuild the program which provides circus to typically underserved populations, including those who cannot afford classes. This includes Every Body’s Circus (EBC), the new BIPOC Youth Scholarship, outreach into nearby communities, and more.
Up With A Twist – BLOSSOM, A Circus Odyssey
Join Dr Eugenio Phalenopsis and his crew as they search for rare botanical species in the deepest jungles and bring back seeds of undiscovered flora to sprout in the laboratory.
Come join us August 28th at ECTA for SANCA’s Summer fund and friend raiser “Up With A Twist”, as we come together to celebrate the power of circus to strengthen, open and free our imaginations.
Table-side Cocktail Hour:
Northwest Grazing Board
- Assorted European cheeses
- Rosettes of house-cured meats
- Seasonal fresh fruit
- Vanilla-chipotle spice pecans
- Herb marinated olives
- Housemade tapenades
- Pike Place Market pickled vegetables
- Rosemary cracker bread
Elegant Summer Dinner:
- Savory Melon Gazpacho Soup, Lemongrass Poached Prawns and Candied Jalapeños
- Black pepper and thyme crusted chicken breast + Pike Place Market vegetables + polenta corn cakes
- Creamy rosemary polenta with Sicilian eggplant caponata with golden raisins and toasted pine nuts (Vegan, Gluten Free) + warm quinoa salad with shaved Brussel sprouts, spiced chickpeas, dried cranberries and apples + Pike Place Market vegetables
Sweet Dreams Tidbit Box (Take home or enjoy at show)
- Handcrafted French Macaroons
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Coconut Haystacks