~ Venue Guidelines ~
Deliveries and Access
- Please confirm all delivery, setup plan, electrical needs, audio and visual requirements two weeks in advance.
- If you need additional time for set-up, please schedule with our team.
- Additional set-up time beyond the contract is subject to applicable rental fees.
Venue Decorating and Event Set-up
- All decor needs to be approved prior to setup. Please inform our staff of any electrical requirements for caterers, photo booths, bands, and decor when submitting your setup plan.
- All A/V production needs are to be solidified with PNTA a minimum of 30 days prior to event date. Pacific Northwest Theater Associates (PNTA) is the exclusive provider of technical rigging, audio-visual, lighting, and technical production services at ECTA.
- All outside entertainment must be pre-approved by ECTA, a minimum of 30 days prior to event date.
- If possible, please do any decoration assembly off-site.
- When decorating ECTA, we ask that you use temporary methods to fasten your decorations. If your decorations need to be fastened to the building, please use binding wire, fishing line, zip-ties, or other easy-to-remove materials that can be wrapped around beams and posts. Please do not leave permanent marks on or in the building.
- If you use one of ECTA’s ladders, you must present proof of your event insurance (with ECTA as an additional insured). You may also bring your own ladder and then sign a waiver onsite.
- Most equipment is moveable or removable; however, we ask that you request permission and have our staff assist you.
- Open flames are not permitted – including candles.
- Live flower petals are ok.
- When unloading into ECTA, we recommend that you use a cart or hand truck to keep heavy objects from marking the floor.
- Emerald City Trapeze Arts is a glass-free and ceramic-free venue. All barware must be non-glass. This includes beer, wine, and sparkling water bottles.
Leaving Emerald City Trapeze
- Client is advised that they shall leave the venue in the same condition upon which they arrived.
- Rental fee includes basic cleaning provided by ECTA. This includes sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, wiping down all surfaces before and after events.
- Basic clean up such as event garbage and recycling removal, catering station clearing and cleaning, and moving rentals to the loading area is the responsibility of the client. If extensive additional cleaning is required after the event, ECTA reserves the right to bill $250 per hour.
- One of our staff will walk through the space with your event lead at the end of your event.
- You are responsible for removal of all garbage and recycling no later than one hour after your event end time.
- If garbage and/or recycling is left after your event, we reserve the right to bill for removal.
- Human hazardous waste cleaning will be billed at $250 per incidence.
- ECTA has a modest parking lot in addition to free street parking.
- Parking at neighboring businesses is not allowed during your event.
- 100 Parking spots are available for rental. Please contact our team prior to your event to book the additional parking spaces.
- For large events, we recommend setting up an off-site valet or shuttle system.
- Emerald City Trapeze is located one block from the Link Station.
- To book Emerald City Trapeze, we require event insurance.
- Minimum coverage requirements: $1 million dollar coverage with ECTA named as an additional insured.
- All outside vendors and performers must submit a copy of professional liability insurance listing ECTA as an additional insured.
- Security is required for all events at Emerald City Trapeze.
- Emerald City Trapeze reserves the right to determine the number of security staff hired for your event.