January 12th – Update
Greetings Circus Family,
We know everyone is excited and desperate to get back to getting your circus on – we’re right there with you!
Based on current requirements from the state, we’re planning to reopen as soon as our region enters Phase 2 of Governor Inslee’s Healthy Washington Road to Recovery plan.
We are continuing to place a high prioritization on the health and safety of staff and students. The current Covid-19 case rate is higher than it has been during the entire course of the pandemic, and we believe that it’s important to make careful decisions when it comes to bringing people together in an indoor space.
Please feel free to email us with any questions at: [email protected]
Looking forward to seeing all of your faces, hearing endless laughter, and witnessing new milestones soon!
With gratitude and excitement,
December 11th Update
Greetings Circus Family!
We hope you are all having a wonderful and safe holiday season. Two days ago, Governor Jay Inslee extended the restrictions from December 11th to January 4th across Washington state with the hope it will reduce the Covid-19 spike during the holidays. While we are saddened by this news, we are in full support of keeping our beautiful and vibrant community healthy during this difficult time. Words cannot describe our immense gratitude to this community.
If you are looking for special gifts this holiday season, we encourage you to consider giving Emerald City Trapeze Arts classes or class cards – give the gift of learning to fly or finding a new passion!
We look back fondly on past holidays that were filled with canons of golden glitter and classes decked out in ugly holiday sweaters! We are excited for when we can once again open our doors and celebrate with each of you!
Stay tuned on our social channels for updates!
November 15th Update
On the heels of my last update, Governor Inslee announced this morning that we need to tighten up our COVID-19 protocols once again in order to help flatten the curve. The new state protocols go into effect on Monday, November 16th at midnight. Given the number of new Covid-19 cases around the country as well as right here in Washington, I think many of us had a feeling this was coming.
In accordance with the new state guidelines, we will be closing the studio temporarily to follow the mandate. Classes will run through the end of the day on November 16th, and the studio will be closed beginning on November 17th. The current restrictions are scheduled through December 14th; however, I think we can reasonably expect it to continue through the end of the year and possibly into January.
You can read Inslee’s press release regarding the upcoming 4-week closure at: https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/inslee-announces-statewide-restrictions-four-weeks
The specific restrictions are outlined by the Medium at:
Will classes be canceled? What happens to my credits?
We will be cancelling classes and putting credits back on your accounts over the next week – please give us a few days to get this accomplished, our team is working diligently to quickly adjust to the new requirements.
While we’re closed, we are focusing on studio improvements and upgrades while looking for creative ways to help you all stay in shape and involved! Stay tuned for exciting updates!
With the holidays on the horizon, we ask that you continue to help flatten the curve so that we, along with many of your favorite businesses, can reopen our doors soon. We look forward to reopening the studio as soon as we are able to do so!
We truly appreciate your continued support and understanding during this unpredictable time. Keeping our community safe, healthy, and informed means everything to us — we are all in this together! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our team.
November 15, 2020
November 13, 2020
Salutations Circus Family,
We are excited to say that we’ve been reopened for a solid month now! It feels incredible to have students, laughter, and joy filling the studio. Our COVID-19 protocols have been working well, and we’re continuing to evolve to ensure that we’re being as safe as possible while making things easier for you and our staff at the same time.
Based on student requests, starting in January, we’re going to shift some classes to the evening hours to make classes more accessible. The new schedule will be published in the next couple weeks, and you’ll be able to start signing up for your favorite classes!
We look forward to a time when longer classes with more students will be running so that we can feel all of your magical energy filling the studio! Unfortunately, that isn’t going to happen in 2020.
On November 10th, the state of Washington published the 20th Situation Report on COVID-19 transmission across the state and, like the rest of the country, the outlook isn’t what we’d hoped for — new cases are spiking throughout our region. You can read the report here: https://covid.idmod.org/data/WA_Situation_Report_20_COVID-19_transmission_across_Washington_State.pdf
Just yesterday, Governor and Trudi Inslee urged us to not gather with people outside our households right now. In the coming days, we will learn about new guidelines to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in Washington that may or, may not, impact our operations. You can watch the video here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1496739090521578
In light of the sharp increases in infection rates and hospitalizations across most age groups, we’re going to continue with the smaller, shorter class format. We value your health and safety. We’re monitoring requirements to ensure that Emerald City Trapeze Arts is aligned with or more conservative than the safest recommended practices. We are doing our part to reduce the spread.
As we move into the holiday season, we know you will be drawn to family, friends, food, and drink. We have a couple requests to make of you to help ensure we can continue offering the classes that you love:
- Keep following COVID-19 safety guidelines! We know you’re tired of them, we are too. Right now though, it’s the best defense we have.
- Avoid spending time indoors with people outside your pod. If you do spend time indoors with people who have been outside your “pod” for the past few months (Thanksgiving, Bodhi Day, Chanukah, Winter Solstice/Yule, Christmas, Kwanza, New Years Eve/Ōmisoka, etc…), give yourself a few extra days before you come in for your next class to make sure you haven’t been exposed. We want to see you, but more importantly, we want to keep seeing everyone healthy.
- If you plan on traveling to visit family during the holiday season, we ask that you take extra precautions and to take a few additional days prior to returning to classes.
- Avoid gathering in restaurants and bars – We know this has been a long slog for everyone and our ability to isolate is stretched thin. As a small business, we understand the struggle that your favorite haunts (I know, we’re likely one of them!) are going through first hand and know they need our support to survive. If we don’t isolate though, we’ll be in for another round of shutdowns and that will result in more small businesses having to close permanently. Order take-out or dress for the weather and sit outside, but please, continue to take this seriously. Look out for yourselves and your neighbors.
- Monitor carefully for symptoms – during the winter months, we all get sniffles, but we ask that if you have any signs of cold or flu-like symptoms to rebook your class.
- If you are planning on visiting Seattle over the holidays, we kindly ask that you don’t schedule classes with us if you’re traveling to the area via commercial transportation. While we will miss seeing you, the risk of transmission inside a plane, train, or long bus ride is just too high at the moment.
I look forward to seeing you in your next class, accomplishing goals that you thought were unreachable!
September 21, 2020
Dear Circus Family,
We are beyond excited to announce our reopening date of October 9, 2020! We are so grateful for your unwavering support and relentless passion. Emerald City Trapeze Arts is committed to the safety of the students, staff, and performers who utilize the space for classes and training. We truly value each of you, and we look forward to seeing you hit new milestones, explore new passions, and dive head first into your next adventure!
As part of our reopening plan, we are focusing on creating a safe environment while also providing the highest quality instruction and experience for each student. During our temporary closure, we have been hard at working putting together some fantastic new updates for you to enjoy!
Exciting New Studio Improvements:
- New aerial training points, hardware, and apparatuses
- New handstand wall with inspirational paintings and designs by Isra
- New booking software! Book your classes on the go with our integrated booking software and app. With a better user-interface and a seamless design, you will be able to stay up-to-date on notifications and your upcoming classes!
- Added safety protocols include but aren’t limited to:
- Upon entry students and staff will be checked for Covid-19 symptoms, temperature checked, hands will be sanitized, and masks will be in place.
- Class size will be reduced to ensure social distancing, and we will have staggered start times to reduce congestion around the front desk and on our walking paths.
- Students and staff will follow one-way walkways that reduce congestion and ensure socially-distanced travel through the studio.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When can I book a class?
- We are switching booking systems currently. Stay tuned for an update regarding when you can book on our new platform! It will be prior to October 8th.
- I have a membership and student credits – will they switch over with the new platform?
- Yes! All student credits and memberships will be maintained through the platform switch.
- Will open Gym be available?
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to host Open Gym quite yet due to the space constraints within our facility.
- What is the current size limit on classes?
- Current class size is regulated to 5 students for Flying Trapeze and 4 students for Aerial, Ground, and in-person Conditioning classes.
- Will you be offering classes online?
- Yes! We will be offering live-streamed circus conditioning classes.
- Will private classes be offered?
- Not at this time. We’ll update here when we’re ready to start offering private classes again.
Additional updates will be released as information becomes available! Please stay tuned!
If you have any specific questions please submit them via our Google Form! We will be making frequent update videos, and we will do our best to either address your questions via our video updates or via direct communication. Google Form Link: https://forms.gle/fkRuKAxUXzxAdM8h7
We look forward to seeing you on October 9th!
September 21, 2020