Emerald City Trapeze Arts is officially reopened!
Greetings Circus Family,
We have some wonderful news! Emerald City Trapeze Arts is open! We know everyone is excited and desperate to get back to getting your circus on, and we’re right there with you!
We are continuing to prioritize the health and safety of staff and students. The current Covid-19 case rate is still extremely high, and we believe that it’s important to make careful decisions when it comes to bringing people together in an indoor space.
In order maintain the health and safety of our staff and students, we are taking the following actions:
- New Aerial Sessions:
- Emerald City Trapeze Arts is excited to introduce Aerial Sessions! Each session will include 4 classes which will take place over the course of 4 weeks. You and your pod of fellow students will build upon your current foundation each week with an emphasis on flow, endurance and strength training. With a consistent structure and plenty of examples, students will gain a better understanding of how to transition between skills in order to create a more intimate relationship with their apparatus. We will be offering a variety of sessions, including Aerial Silks and Rope.
- Check-in Protocol:
- Students and staff will be checked daily for symptoms and elevated temperatures. If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, we kindly ask that you reschedule your class to protect our community.
- Sanitization Stations:
- We have equipped our studio with sanitization stations. Please wash your hands prior to class and sanitize frequently.
- Reduced Class Size and Length:
- Class size will be limited to comply with the Washington State regulations for gyms. Flying Trapeze will be capped at 5 students. Aerial classes will be capped at 4 students and Ground / Fitness classes will be a maximum of 5 students. In addition, we will be limiting our class length in order to reduce potential exposure time.
- Equipment Sanitization:
- All equipment will be cleaned and sanitized prior to class. We ask that you help our community maintain the space by sanitizing equipment that was touched between or during classes.
Our BIG ask. We have been given the greenlight to reopen under the new gym requirements set forth by the state; however, we need our entire community to commit to keeping each other safe on an individual level. We ask that you limit exposure to people outside of your household, avoid any unnecessary Covid-19 exposure, and maintain social distancing at all times. If you have travel plans in the near future, please plan to give yourself time to quarantine and get a Covid-19 test.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When can I book a class?
- Classes will resume on February 8th; however, you are welcome to begin booking into classes starting today, February 4th.
- What if I’m feeling sick prior or during class?
- We kindly ask that you reschedule your class by calling our front desk. If you have symptoms, please stay home and avoid contact with other students.
Please feel free to email us directly with any questions at: [email protected]
Looking forward to seeing all of you in person!
With gratitude and excitement,